ADD NEW DEVICE
Why is my light bulb not blinking?
Why is my light bulb not flashing?
How to get a device ID?
How to configure the device with spectrum router?
Why does the App say "No WiFi" when trying to connect a device ?
This is because you haven't allowed the app to use your location data. You need to go to your phone's setting and set this permission. Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select "PlusMinus"
3. Open "Location" and select "While Using the App".
If you still have this issue after this please contact our customer service.
Why is my device(s) offline, and how can I recover it?
It may be as a result of your phone performance, If the app has not been launched for a long time, it needs to connect with the cloud when you log in again, so the device is displayed as offline. As the app is temporarily not connected with the device, it is not actually offline. It is a normal phenomenon, and you don't have to worry about it. Just like many apps require to buffer for a few seconds before displaying content, which is actually a process of connecting to the cloud. If this is not the case for you please read on.
This may also be as a result of your Internet connection. Please keep the bulb near by WiFi router and powered on. It will be back online automatically. If you have changed the WiFi SSID(WiFi name) or password, the device will not go online automatically, you need to reset the device and connect to the App by clicking "Add Device" and selecting your device then follow the steps to put the device in set up mode and reconnect it to the app.
Failed to discover new devices using Echo.
To find devices, Echo needs to meet the following requirements.
1. Make sure that the app account binds with Echo and the account that the device is on are the same.
2. Make sure that the device is online. Devices can't be found if they are offline.
If device still can't be found, try using the web version of Alexa to search and control the speakers since Alexa app can be unstable in some regions.
How to connect devices with AP mode?
How to create automation?
How to use hotspot to connect smart device?
All WiFi routers have a2.4 GHz band. If the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz share the same name, you should have noproblem connecting your device you can go try to add new smart home device.
If for some reason you are having trouble connecting your device to your WiFi router you can try the following.
1. Try to install the device further away from the WiFi router, outside the range of the 5Ghz (about 15 feet away) - where your phone's WiFi status bar isnot full. This way only the 2.4Ghz signal is detectable by the device.
2. You can use a mobile hotspot from a secondary mobile device toconnect the device, to do that first set the name of the hotspot and thepassword to be exactly the same as your WiFi router name and password. Turn offyour WiFi router so that the device will not try to connect to the WiFi routerinstead of the mobile hotspot, please note that all your other devices may tryto connect to the hotspot so you may need to power some of them off. Keep bothphones and your smart device close together and then connect your device usingthe hotspot. After it is connected, turn off your hotspot and turn on your mainWiFi router, the smart device will automatically connect to the main WiFi, asthey are the same name and password.
Why smart device cannot connect to 5GHz WiFi?
5 GHz band has faster speed, but shorter range compare to 2.4 GHz band. For a smart device, wider range is prioritized over speed.
There are smart devices which support both bands, but for most smart home devices, it is not cost effective to support an extra band which is not necessary for the device to function.
How to add a smart light switch?
How to use google WiFi mesh to connect smart device?
How to add a smart light strip?
How long will the verification code be effective?
Verification code will beeffective for 30 minutes.
How to connect to a new router/change network?
How to connect device if needs to login on website?
Unfortunately the smart device does not support the WiFi network which needs to login on a website. You should get a WiFi router, which is connected to the internet. Then you can setup the smart device.
How to add a smart bulb?
Failed to connect device.
Please note the following when adding devices:
1.Make sure the device is powered on.
2.Make sure the device is in setup mode(indicator light blinking).
3.Confirm that the device, smart phone and router are as close to each other.
4.Make sure the networkfunction of the router and smart phone are unblocked.
5.Confirm the enteredWiFi password is correct.
6.Make sure that yourphone is connected to a 2.4GHz WiFi band.
7. If your phone isusing a virtual private network (VPN) service, please turn it off while settingup the smart devices
8.Confirm that therouter's encryption method is WPA2-PSK and authentication type is AES, orboth are set up as automatic.
9.If the router has a lot of devices connected it may have reached the maximum number of devices allowed to connect, please try turning off somedevices' WiFi function and connect again.
10.If the router's MACaddress filter is enabled, please try removing the device from the MAC filterlist so that the router can allow the device to connected.
11.Make sure that the router has the DHCP service enabled. If it's not enabled, the address will be occupied.
12.If you're still not able to connect the device, please try connecting using the AP mode by following the instructions in the App. Please make sure that the device in AP mode when connecting using AP mode to connect the device.
How to recognize the 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi?
My lamp use a 3 way bulb can I replace it with this?
This smart light bulb canwork with all the ordinary ON/OFF lamp, but not the 3 way lamp. The socket isdifferent, there is a short-circuit risk if you use an ordinary bulb. You caneasily change the socket to an ordinary ON/OFF socket to use our smart lightbulb. Then you can also dim it via app or by your voice via Amazon Alexa Echoand Google Home Mini.
How to use the same switch to control multiple bulbs at the same time?
· You can add multiple devices at the same time. Make sure they are all blinking rapidly,then just add them the same way as adding one device. After the devices are connected, you can give each of them a different name. You can control them individually in the app, or you can group them together with the group function and control them as one group.
· If it is hard to make them blink rapidly at the same time, you can install each of them in a different lamp and add them one by one in the app. Once a device is connected to your app, it will remember the WiFi name and password of the router in your house. Then you can unscrew it and install it in the place you needed. It will connect itself to the same WiFi automatically
· You also can group multiple same model devices to one group and control them together as one group. At the device's control panel, click the three dots at the top right corner, then choose 'Create Group', it will list all the devices which are the same model as this one.You can choose the ones you want to group and give the group a name. Then you will find this group on your device list, you can control this group the same as one device. Please note that if you are using Amazon Alexa, it does not recognize the groups created in PlusMinus app, you need use Alexa's group function to group different devices in the Alexa app.
Did these work on the Z-Wave or zigbee Wireless protocol?
Sorry, it doesn't workwith Z-Wave or zigbee. You just need to connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
How to add a smart plug?
OPERATION AND FUNCTION
Why I cannot login after change the password?
When changing the password, please check whether the first letter of email address is written in caps or not. The email address is case sensitive please make sure that it is exactly the same as the one you used to register your PlusMinus account.
How do I share a device?
You can share control of your devices to other PlusMinus users
To share asingle device:
1. On the device controlpage, tap the ""..."" in the top right corner to access the device settingspage.
2. Choose ""Device Sharing"" and click ""Add Share Members"", enter the email address of your family members, and tapComplete.
3. Please make sure that the sharedemail account is in the same region as your account.
To shareall devices in a home:
1. Access the app homepageand click the home icon on the top left of the page and click ""Home Management"".
2. Select the home you would like to share, then click ""Add Member"" and enter the family members or friends email address, so that they can operate all the devices in the home. You do not need to share devices individually if you share the home this way.
Why does the App say "No WiFi" when trying to connect a device?
Write content to answer to common questions your customers may have about your products, shipping policies..
Why my light turned on after a power outage?
For a light bulb, when the power grid is off, it will be the same as though you have cut the power from the wall switch. The light bulb will be off until the power grid is back on. When the power grid is back on, the light bulb will turn on (even if it was turned off via the app) as long as the wall switch was left in the "on position".
How to trigger a scene using third party apps (Alexa or Google Home)?
How to trigger an automation using third party apps(Google and Alexa)?
You can trigger an automation created in PlusMinus app using Alexa or Google Home. Follow the instructions s below:
1. Tap the "+" at the top right corner of the app and select "Add Automation".
2. Enter the name of the automation and select the background color.
3. Under the "When" clause select "Trigger Manually"-> "By Alexa and Google Home" and tap "Save" at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Select the devices you want to control under the ""Then"" and then tap ""Save"" at the top right corner of your screen.
5. a. Trigger the automation in Alexa by saying the following command, "Alexa, turn on".5.b. Trigger the automation in Google Home by saying the following command, "OK Google, Turn on".
Light switch Indicator light blinking red
How to delete room?
How to find the Mac Address?
If you cannot find devices or add device, please select one home
Apologies forthe inconvenience, this is server loading issue. The devices are still linkedto your account. Kindly click the home icon on the top left of the page and select your home. If the issue persists please contact our customer service for further assistance.
How to remove device?
Cannot share to new member
The conditions to share devices to new members are:
1. Only the account that has devices connected to the App, is allowed to share to multiple accounts;
2. The shared accounts should be registered in the same country as the account sharing the device.
Can we use light bulb with 3-way switch?
This smart light bulb canwork with all the ordinary ON/OFF lamp, but not the 3-way switch.
The socket is different,there is a short-circuit risk if you use an ordinary bulb. You can easily changethe socket to an ordinary ON/OFF socket to use our smart light bulb.
Then you can also dim itvia app or by your voice via Amazon Alexa Echo and Google Home."
How to group and control devices together?
How to connect two smart light strip together?
Please purchase two packs of light strip.
Add both light strip in the App.
Create a group for light strip and you can control them together.
Google Home control the light bulb via voice command
Power off later than the schedule time
Please check if your timezone is set correctly in the profile settings.
If it is correct, please try to remove thedevice and connect it again to the app, then set another schedule to check."
How to set sunrise/sunset?
How to get the device back online?
How to get the device back online?
Can smart bulb be used outside?
Smart light bulb can beused for porch light, but it is not completely sealed, so it is not waterproof,can not work outdoor without a housing or cover.
Can these be programmed to change colors automatically like Scenes in Phillips Hue?
THE THIRD PARTY CONTROL
Where's my account name(Username)?
How to use Google Home or Amazon Alexa to control device groups?
Cannot control device in Amazon Alexa App?
How to connect IFTTT?
Sorry, the smart devicecannot work with IFTTT. But you can trigger Automation inside App.
Connect to Google Home with PlusMinus action
Connect to Google Home with PlusMinus action
Connect to Alexa with PlusMinus Skill
Can i turn smart device on/off from anywhere with my phone?
As long as the device is online you can control it from your phone if you have an internet connection from anywhere. The devices do not have to be on the same network
Echo Alexa voice command for light bulb
You can change the color via Echo Device. Here is the voice command:
"Alexa, make the living room lights red" "Alexa, turn the lights to soft white." "Alexa, raise the temperature 1 degree." "Alexa, dim the lights to 50 percent."
For the color temperature control, you can try voice command as following:
"Alexa, make the kitchen lights a little warmer. "Alexa, raise the temperature to *%."